In this Journal I would like to address the Christian’s identity. Who am I in Christ Jesus?
- I am a member of the bride, the Lamb’s wife (Rev. 21:9).
- I am part of God the Father’s family in heaven (Eph. 3:15).
- I am a dwelling place for God by the Spirit (Eph. 2:22).
- I am the salt of the earth (Matt. 5:13).
- I am the light of the world … a city that is set on a hill [and] cannot be hidden (Matt. 5:14).
- I am Christ’s own sheep … no one will snatch [me] out of [His] hand. I am eternally safe (John 10:3-5,28).
- I am a branch of the true vine, a fruit-bearing channel of Christ’s life (John 15:1,5,16).
- I am a friend of Jesus (John 15:14-15).
- I am in Christ, and in Him [I] live and move and have [my] being (1 Cor. 1:30; Acts 17:28).
- I have been given an assignment by Jesus in His Great Co-mission: Go … and make disciples of all nations (Matt. 28:19).
- I am a child of God (John 1:12).
- I am united with Him, and now that I am part of the body of Christ He is “reincarnated” in me (Rom. 6:5; 1 Cor. 12:12-13; John 17:20-23).
- My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19-20).
- I am seated … in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph. 2:6).
- I was bought with a price (1 Cor. 6:20 ).
- I was delivered … from the domain of darkness and transferred … to the kingdom of [God’s] beloved Son (Col. 1:13).
- I am part of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for [God’s] own possession (1 Pet. 2:9).
- I was predestined … for adoption to Himself as [a son] through Jesus Christ (Eph. 1:5).
- I have been filled in Him, who is the head of all rule and authority (Col. 2:10).
- I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances (Rom. 8:28).
- I am free from any condemnation brought against me, and nothing will be able to separate [me] from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord (Rom. 8:1,38-39).
- I have been established, anointed and sealed by God (2 Cor. 1:21-22).
- I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3).
- I am confident that He who began a good work in [me] will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ (Phil. 1:6).
- I have been given a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control (2 Tim. 1:7).
- I have been given the ministry of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18).
- I am [God’s] workmanship (Eph. 2:10).
- I can with confidence draw near to the throne of grace (Heb. 4:16).
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13).
- In Christ, I Am Loved (Col. 3:12)
- In Christ, I Am Forgiven (Eph. 1:7)
- In Christ, I Am Chosen (1 Pet. 2:9)
- In Christ, I Am a New Creation (2 Cor. 5:17)
- In Christ, I Am Not Condemned (Rom. 8:1)
- In Christ, I Am More Than a Conqueror (Rom. 8:37)
- In Christ, I Am God’s Workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
- In Christ, I Am a Work in Progress (Phil. 1:6)
- In Christ, I Am Provided For (Phil. 4:19)
- In Christ, I Am Victorious! (1 Cor. 15:57)
Soli Deo Gloria,
Reuben & Carmen Sequeira
P.S. This handout by Neil T. Anderson (Freedom in Christ Ministries) is a helpful summary of these biblical truths.